FILIALE : HIREVO NATIONAL LIFE SCIENCE
SPECIALIZZAZIONE : Life Science Our Client is a Multinational Biopharmaceutical Company. For the Site based in Naples, Gi Group SpA, (Lifescience Division) is looking for:
COMPUTATIONAL CHEMIST -NAPLES
The ideal candidate will join the R&D Discovery Platform and will have a proven track record of using computational insights to guide medicinal chemistry projects in a pharmaceutical environment. This position could develop into a leadership role within the computational chemistry group of the R&D Discovery Platform.
The successful candidate will:
• Be part of multidisciplinary teams working on the design and evaluation of new disease targets and analogues for key drug discovery projects
• Promote and evaluate new computational techniques and technologies for drug discovery
• Assist the discovery project teams with prioritization and compound design. In close collaboration medicinal chemists and project teams, apply a wide variety of drug-design and computational chemistry methods to improve potency, selectivity, and ADME properties while minimizing toxicological risk.
• Apply and develop new approaches for biasing molecular designs using machine-learning, scoring functions, and multiple endpoint optimization methods
• Maintain and develop working knowledge of contemporary computational chemistry methods and their use in ligand design and data analysis as applied to drug design projects.
• Works independently (under minimal supervision) and makes decisions that require developing new options to solve complex problems.
• As a member of multidisciplinary teams, you will have the opportunity to influence lead optimization and lead identification efforts throughout the organization
• A completed Ph.D. in physical organic chemistry, computational chemistry or a related field with strong theoretical background as demonstrated by contributions to leading journals
• 3+ years’ post graduate experience in the pharmaceutical industry applying various methods of computer modelling to drug discovery projects
• Skilled in applying state-of-the-art methods and tools for structure-based drug design, in silicon screening, QSAR, and pharmacophore development
• Expertise in machine learning techniques, multiple parameter optimization methods, quantum chemistry, docking methods, molecular dynamics, and homology modelling approaches.
• Must be self-motivated, have exceptional communication skills, and have a strong grasp of bio-organic and physical chemistry concept
• Demonstrated skills in the application of computer-assisted drug design using standard modelling and computational software packages.
• Ability to independently analyse literature and project data, formulate creative design hypotheses and design novel ligands in the context of project need
• Ability to serve as a lead computational chemist on multiple drug discovery projects
• A working knowledge of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery
• Proven ability to collaborate with others.
• Applicants are desired to have programming expertise in at least one programing language.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
I candidati ambosessi (D.lgs n. 198/2006) sono invitati a leggere l'informativa privacy ai sensi degli artt. 13 e 14 del Reg. EU 679/2016 al seguente indirizzo: ://www.gigroup.it/privacy-candidati/