Our client, who is headquartered in Germany and has sales divisions located in Europe and Asia, is known as a global leader in automatic surface inspection solutions for detection of material irregularities and defects. His products find application in a wide variety of industries such as Plastic, Glass, Flat Panel Display, Textiles, Nonwovens and Semiconductor Industries.
On behalf of this estimated Client, who is strengthening his Sales Team in Europe addressing his interest in the Italian market, we are looking for a
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the European Sales Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities in Italy in order to lead the company to position itself as a leading supplier in the Italian market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying market opportunities and researching prospects to generate new business with particular focus on Flexible Packaging Market;
- Developing an annual plan for business development in the region in conjunction with management including detailed activities to reach the territory sales target;
- Maintaining and performing technical direct sales at existing customers;
- Conducting price and contract negotiation with the purpose of developing strong relationships with main customers and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Driving sales projects internally and coordinating with other departments while working closely with the product manager and engineering department based in Germany;
- Managing customer presentations and participating in designated trade shows with timely follow up;
- Preparing strict and punctual reports and budget planning.
The ideal candidate has a technical background and experience in a sales role (KAM or sales account) in companies that design, manufacture and sell capital equipment. As the person should work alone on the Italian territory, he/she has to have a good mix between an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to work in a corporate and international structure.
Requirements more in details:
- Technical Degree;
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience in selling capital equipment in the Flexible Packaging Market in Italy;
- Existing strong network in the Flexible Packaging Market in Italy;
- Marked ability in acquisition of new customers while building strong connections through business acumen and sales skills;
- Ability to identify customers’ needs and to report them to the internal technical departments in order to develop new customized solutions;
- Ability to learn technical aspects fast and explain complex technical context to different level at customers;
- Ability to build connections and managing technical sales thanks to strong Key Account Management skills;
- Proficient in English;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational, and time-management skills;
- Willing to travel 30%-50% (if necessary, possibility of working by home office).